Thursday, September 19, 2013

Organized, Effective and Fun

My life is organized , efficient and fun. Now that all sounds like an oxymoron to me because I have struggled all my life with concepts of efficiency and organization. Now FUN that's something I have a Masters degree in and in the past I never carved out much time to keep things in order. However, every year for my birthday I make a new statement about what the focus of the year will be. This past year it has been "refinement"....an elegant word for clearing out old sh__. In my year of refinement I am gaining a whole new appreciation for the journey to refinement and the added benefit of letting people in to help. Yesterday I hired Tammy O'Connell she's a genius at creating order in my file cabinets. I wish I had hired her years ago. She loves it....really loves it. Her bright spirit and happy attitude is just a blessing to have around.   She kept asking me questions to clarify what the end result is that I want.  Questions that helped me get clear and then much more easily clear clutter and refine.

I've never lived in the same house for 16 years and now so many things need "refinement"  new windows , painting, new garage foundation ,whole house insulation and new furnaces.....and to get all of that done everything has to be moved.  Hence "refinement" that word alone always seems to give me more courage to dive in and shift ...not just move it around but to actually  refine and make it better.  

During these 16 years I have had a thriving and thrilling business as a Life Coach,with over 5,000 private clients (I stopped counting at 5,000) and that was before computers so all of their files are still in file folders. Seminar leader, with files of hundreds of different seminars and keynote speeches and pages upon pages of seminar attendees.  I've owned 4 duplexes and all that paperwork and remodeling.  I own Global Goddess Fashions...women's wear  and Global Goddess Press which is a publishing company for the books that I write "Mirror, Mirror" and "Diary of a Turkish Wedding"  and soon to be published "Hope in Action"  coaching techniques and results.

I just wanted to give you a glimpse of just how much paper work there could be with 4 separate businesses all running out of the first floor of a duplex in Milwaukee.
Have you ever done a huge amount of remodeling or clearing and then a few years later found that you had reverted back to your old patterns and there was just as much clutter around?

That is exactly why my new intention for this next year starting at my birthday in October is  "My life is organized, efficient and fun."   It's a new intention to keep all the work of refinement in order and yet always make sure I have time for fun.  

When I look at my sabotage patterns from the past I realized that I always made time for fun and never made time for the joy of organization.  I am older and wiser now and I love the feeling of being organized and efficient and then I have more energy left for fun....that's my reward.   And sometimes fun is having the complete peace of mind to be able to sit on my front porch for an entire afternoon and read a book because everything in my office is already in order because I keep it that way.   Ahhhhh!     I love my life in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment