Wednesday, January 22, 2014

for all teenage girls over 16



Dear Sunni:

I want to thank you personally for sharing your story in Diary of a Turkish Wedding.  As a mother who has been divorced twice, I have had so much guilt around leaving both husbands when I knew that I deserved being treated with respect.  I want my children to know that they deserve more in relationships too.  I really wanted my daughter at 16.5 to read this but I knew she wouldn’t if I asked her.  As I read the book, she wanted to know what it was about because she felt ignored.  I told her it was an adult book that I did not think she should read. 

As soon as I was done with it she grabbed it and started reading it.  She even took it to school with her to share with her friends.  I am waiting to hear her thoughts when she is ready but she told me she really liked it so far.  I believe this book should be read by all mothers and shared with girls in all high schools.  It is important for daughters to know that relationships can change and they can take care of themselves.

Sincerely,
Cassandra Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment